Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! For almost all people, reflexology is safe but I will ask questions about your health prior to treatment. There are a few occasions when I will not work on you:
- Unstable heart condition that is still under investigation
- High fever
- If you are undergoing imminent medical tests
- Under the influence of alcohol
- Foot fractures, strains or sprains that are recent
- Like all complementary therapies, you must tell your reflexologist if you are pregnant
The pressure used is very different. But if you are concerned, I could adapt to work on your hands.
Absolutely. I will only need access to your feet or hands. Therefore, I will ask you to take off your footwear. It might be more comfortable for you to wear loose fitting clothes when you attend a session as you will be relaxing, but this is not necessary.
No. I use specific reflexology wax. This helps to minimise any friction that could be caused by skin contact alone. If you have any allergies then please contact me and I will discuss the ingredients in the products prior to treatment. I also have vegan products.
Please do not worry, I can do that for you. Or if you wish a family member or carer to accompany you, please let me know when we communicate prior to the session.